Saturday, July 2, 2011

Simple Saturday

Yesterday one of my closest and dearest friends asked if I wanted to go for a hike early this morning. I LOVE hiking. And I LOVE spending time with this sweet friend. So naturally, I jumped at the chance. We were going to go early, before it got hot, and would be back to take care of our littles by the time they woke up.

But I started to realize...I had planned to have a simple, not have to go anywhere, stay-home-and-enjoy day. And yes, it WOULD be enjoyable to go for a hike. But that would require getting up between 4:00-4:30 in the morning so I could meet my friend by 5:00-5:30 so we could hike (it's a bit of a drive to the mountain we were going to hike).

I WANTED to say yes. I knew it was good for me, I knew I'd enjoy it. But I also knew I'd already planned to stay home on Saturday. To make some baby food, cook up some future meals, enjoy a few cups of coffee, maybe even do some reading...and try to keep it simple.

So after I had already said yes, I got back in touch with my friend and backed out. It was hard for me to do, to say no to this friend. Especially after I'd already said yes! But of course being the wonderful person she is, she totally understood.

So now I am here, after sleeping in an hour more than normal (6 a.m. people - that's sleeping in these days!), getting ready to start the coffee and staying in my pj's for a while.

It's going to be a Simple Saturday, and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment