Friday, July 15, 2011

Hubby's Health

While we are no longer in the "danger zone" of hospitalization (Praise the LORD!!), the hubs is still really struggling with his health.

His UC is giving him a ton of grief and pain. He's scheduled to have a colonoscopy on the 28th of the month and we'll see how things are looking. We're still committed to seeing this nutritional and supplement program through to the end.

In all honesty, it's the only option we have left at this point. We've exhausted almost every avenue for healing for him. We're begging and pleading with God for this to help. We know that his poor, damaged health didn't show up overnight - it's been a process of eating poorly, rounds of antibiotics, stress, etc for the past 34 years of his life.

And with that, we know it's not going to get better overnight. We have to give his body time to heal with foods that are nutritious and healing to his colon and digestive system and supplements that will help him improve his condition.

So for now, we keep on keeping on and keep praying. Faith that God knows best is the only thing that is getting us through this mess. Without it, I can't imagine where we would be.

With all of that, I know there are some reading this who do know us personally. I am struggling to find a balance between honest reporting of how things are going and respecting my husband's privacy of how much to share about this horrible disease. If I don't go into details, please understand that I am just doing my best to honor my husband. I hate that my best friend has to go through this. It just isn't fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment